Addicks/Barker Reservoirs Flooding Damages

Home or property owners near the Addicks / Barker reservoirs whose property was flooded due to the actions of the Army Corps of Engineers on August 27-28, 2017, this applies to you.


houston flooding attorney

January 13, 2023

DOWNSTREAM – Our Response And Counter-Motion Filed

We write to report that we have filed our response to the government’s motion, plus our own counter-motion against the government (for a case dispositive ruling in our favor). A copy of our motion is available here.

Next up – the government will have a chance to reply to our motion (due on February 9, 2023). We will get a chance to reply as well by March 11, and then – we will gear up for a hearing before the Court for a decision.

Service Offered: Real Estate Market Activity Report

Sotheby’s International Realty has offered to help our clients by offering a free Market Activity Report – it is a snapshot of all the changes in a local real estate market. It includes a market activity summary and a listing of active, pending, sold, expired, and distressed properties. Recent price changes and upcoming open houses are also included.

A sample copy is available here.

For those interested, please contact Mr. Lary Barton, at:

Martha Turner Sotheby’s International Realty
1717 W Loop S, Suite 1700 | Houston, TX 77027 713.520.1981 (o)
713.558.3365 (d)
713.516.0221 (m)
713.559.6112 (f)

Or Mr. Frank York, at:
713.520.1981 (o)
713.558.3332 (d)
985.859.9150 (m)

Reminder: Deadline is Approaching

We would like to again remind everyone that the deadline to join the case is approaching. By summer of this year, the statute of limitations – the time limit to seek compensation will expire (we expect the actual deadline to be in late August –the 6th anniversary of government-induced flooding).

At the present time, there is still time to join. We encourage everyone who has not yet done so to join as soon as they can, so that they do not miss out on an opportunity for monetary compensation. If you would like more information, please contact us at 713-864-4000, or reach us at:

As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.

Contact Us For a Free Consultation

Your Name

Phone Number

Your Email

Your Message