email@example.com | (713) 864-4000
Jack is the senior partner of the firm and is responsible for trying cases for injured individuals throughout the country. His trial experience includes 306 personal verdicts.
Jack appeared on national television on ABC News, Prime Time Live which focused on the medical malpractice crisis and on ABC’s 20/20 for Barbara Walter’s interest in one of the firm’s class action cases. Jack is licensed to practice in the state courts of Texas and New York, and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Before coming to Houston, Jack was a lead medical malpractice trial attorney with the Pentagon in Washington, DC, personally responsible for a docket of over $1 billion against Army doctors and hospitals. He traveled throughout the country representing the United States in medical malpractice cases filed in Federal District Court. He won a defense trial verdict in a $25 million brain damaged baby case involving 17 hospitals and over 10,000 pages of documentary evidence. He also won a defense trial verdict in one of the few Dalkon Shield cases filed against the U.S. Army. He has been lead counsel in some of the largest class action cases filed throughout the United States from New Jersey to California.
Jack graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point and from St. Mary’s University School of Law.
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law (1/89)
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys as a Diplomate (12/90)
- National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Civil Trial Specialist (4/92)
Positions in Professional Organizations Include:
- President, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (1/02-1/03)
- President Elect, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (1/01-1/02)
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates (9/00-Present)
- President, Houston Trial Lawyers’ Foundation (10/97-10/98)
- President, Houston Trial Lawyers’ Association (11/96-9/97)
- Vice President, Houston Trial Lawyers’ Association (9/92-9/95)
- President, Texas Medical Legal Society (10/94-10/96)
- President, Houston Medical Legal Society (9/92-10/94)
- Vice President, Houston Medical Legal Society (11/96-1/99)
- Director, Texas Trial Lawyers’ Association (9/92-Present)
- Executive Committee Member (1/94-1/00)
- Membership Chair (1998)
- Chairman, Legislative Committee (1/96-1/97)
- Chairman, CLE Committee (9/93-1/96 and 1/00-1/01)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Founding Director, Houston Trial Lawyers’ Foundation (12/92)
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Board of Governors (12/18/93-Present)
- Examiner: Board Certifying Examination
- State Bar of Texas
- Pattern Jury Charges Vol. III Committee (1/18/94-2001)
- Personal Injury Trial Manual Committee (8/94-2002)
- Vice Chair, CLE Committee (2001-present)
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (3/00-Present)
Law School Appointments Include:
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law School, Houston, Texas
- Civil Trial Advocacy (12/90-12/01)
- Visiting Professor, Emory Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- Annual Trial Techniques Institute (5/92-2001)
Speeches and Publications
Jack has written over 200 speeches and publications. His publications appear in journals such as: New England Journal of Medicine, Trial Diplomacy Journal Special Edition, and The Texas Evidence Reporter.
In addition, he has authored a book titled The Plaintiff’s Case: From Voir Dire to Verdict. All book proceeds are donated to the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.